VNA Innovations Conference
Call for Poster Presenter Abstracts
Calling all Innovators to share your work via poster presentation:
The 2018 VNA fall conference, Innovations
, will be held September 21-22, 2018 at the Hilton Hotel & Spa, Short Pump (20 minutes west of downtown Richmond).The conference will focus on innovations in the following practice areas: nursing leadership, academia, community well-being/population health, direct clinical care, and nursing research. Our desired learning outcome
is for learners to leave with knowledge of new approaches to transform their practice and deliver improved outcomes. If you have an innovation to share, consider submitting an abstract to serve as a Poster Presenter!
Dates for Submission
The deadline to submit Poster Abstracts is May 31, 2018. You may submit your abstract electronically.
Our abstract submission forms are built on JotForm. If you have difficulty accessing the form at your workplace, please try your mobile device or home computer.
The Poster Review Committee will review all submissions, and notify selected poster presenters by June 30, 2018.
Submissions will be evaluated based on:
Who May Submit
- Presentation: grammar, spelling, clarity
- Content: substantive, current, of interest to potential attendees
- Relevance: provides knowledge of new approaches to transform practice
- Outcomes: demonstrates potential or actual outcomes and transferability to other organizations
Anyone who has a best practice or program that focuses on innovative approaches to nursing practice.
Individuals that have an employee relationship with a commercial interest organization or that will use their presentation to sell a product or service are not eligible to serve as presenters. Providers of direct clinical care, such as but not limited to hospitals and health care agencies, are not commercial interests.
- Presentation guidelines for poster presentation will be provided to authors of accepted abstracts at the time of acceptance. Posters are limited to a maximum size of 4X4 feet.
- Presenters will submit the final electronic version of the poster in PDF format by August 31, 2018.
- Presenters will be required to submit all necessary forms by the deadlines provided in the acceptance letter. Acceptance as a presenter will be contingent upon a conflict of interest assessment and VNA reserves the right to rescind the acceptance of an abstract due to any conflict of interest discovered after acceptance.
- Presenters will be responsible for setup and breakdown of their poster at the identified times and for being present with their poster during the grand opening of the poster hall on September 21, 2018.
- Presenters are responsible for all costs associated with registering for the conference and all travel and accommodations. Conference agenda and registration will be available soon at www.virginianurses.com
Applicants must submit their abstract electronically.
The submission must describe a best practice or program that focuses on innovative approaches to nursing practice. Please provide the title, a 2-4 sentence description of the presentation, and identify the practice area that best represents the area your innovation impacts (Nursing leadership, academia, community well-being/population health, direct clinical care, or nursing research). The abstract should be a maximum of 250 words and should discuss:
- Description of the new approach to transform practice
- Implementation strategies
- Potential or actual outcomes
- Implications for nursing practice and transferability
Please do not reference the organization/author(s) within the title, program description, or abstract.
Please feel free to share this call for poster presentations with any individual or organization that has an innovation in nursing practice to share! You can also email Lcardwell@virginianurses.com
if you know of an innovation that should be highlighted.
Posters are limited to a maximum size of 4 x 4 feet.
The deadline for submissions has passed.
Please contact Jackie Jester
with any questions.