VNA Innovations Conference
Call for Podium Speaker Abstracts
The 2018 VNA fall conference, Innovations
, will be held September 21-22, 2018 at the Hilton Hotel & Spa, Short Pump (20 minutes west of downtown Richmond).The conference will focus on innovations in the following practice areas: nursing leadership, academia, community well-being/population health, direct clinical care, and nursing research, with concurrent sessions spread throughout the two days. Our desired learning outcome
is for learners to leave with knowledge of new approaches to transform their practice and deliver improved outcomes. If you have a best practice or program that is truly innovative, we want to hear from you!
Dates for Submission
Submissions will be accepted starting February 20, 2018. The deadline to submit Podium Speaker abstracts is April 20, 2018. You may submit your abstract electronically here
Our abstract submission forms are built on JotForm. If you have difficulty accessing the form at your workplace, please try your mobile device or home computer.
planning committee will review all submissions, and notify selected podium presenters by May 21, 2018.
Submissions will be evaluated based on:
- Presentation: grammar, spelling, clarity
- Content: substantive, current, of interest to potential attendees, outcomes presented
- Relevance to the desired learning outcome of Innovations
- Who May Submit
- Anyone who has a best practice or program that focuses on innovative approaches to nursing practice.
- Selected presenters will be provided a template to follow for presenting at the conference. Presenters should be prepared to speak for 50 minutes and then take questions for 10 minutes. The presentation time will total 60 minutes. All final presentations will be due by August 1, 2018.
- Presenters will be required to submit all necessary forms by the deadlines provided in the acceptance letter. Acceptance as a presenter will be contingent upon a conflict of interest assessment.
- Presenters are required to register for and attend the conference. Presenters will be subject to the registration fees outlined in the brochure to participate and will be responsible for all travel and accommodations. Conference agenda and registration will be available soon on VNA's website.
Applicants must submit their abstract electronically here
The submission must describe a best practice or program that focuses on innovative approaches to nursing practice. Please provide the title, a 2-4 sentence description of the presentation, and identify the practice area that best represents the area your innovation impacts (Nursing leadership, academia, community well-being/population health, direct clinical care, or nursing research). The abstract should be a maximum of 250 words and should discuss the purpose and description of the initiative, implementation strategies, evaluation of the impact or effectiveness on the organization, and implications for nursing practice.
Please feel free to share this call for speakers with any individual or organization that has an innovation in nursing practice to share! You can also email email@example.com
if you know of an innovation that should be highlighted.
SUBMIT YOUR PRESENTATION NOW!