Nurses are welcome to join us on our Lobby Days for legislator and committee meetings.
Schools with eight or more attendees (registered by the school or on their own) will receive a free Student Group Lobby Day during the first half of the 2019 Virginia Legislative Session.
A faculty-escorted group of students of your choosing will join VNA leadership for this his half day program, to include:
Schools that qualify will be given registration instructions.
- learning the importance of belonging to your professional organization,
- a legislative primer (i.e. how a bill becomes a law),
- meetings with legislators,
- observing a relevant legislative committee meeting,
- watching the legislature in session (and possibly being recognized), and
- taking an optional tour of the Capitol!