Legislative Summit is held at the the historic John Marshall Ballrooms in downtown Richmond on November 14th, 2017. We hope to see you there!
You will learn how to be a powerful advocate for nursing and for the health of all Virginians. Plus, we’ll examine the critical issues facing nursing and healthcare. Be sure to check out the full agenda as soon as it is available.
Schools with eight or more attendees (registered by the school or on their own) will receive a free Student Group Lobby Day during the first half of the 2018 Virginia Legislative Session.
A faculty-escorted group of students of your choosing will join VNA leadership for this his half day program, to include:
Schools that qualify will be given registration instructions.
- learning the importance of belonging to your professional organization,
- a legislative primer (i.e. how a bill becomes a law),
- meetings with legislators,
- observing a relevant legislative committee meeting,
- watching the legislature in session (and possibly being recognized), and
- taking an optional tour of the Capitol!
Nurses are welcome to join us on our Lobby Days for legislator and committee meetings.