VNA Brochure | Downloadable VNA AD
What does a VNA Membership cost?
How do I join?
What benefits will I receive?
- Lobbyist representing nurses and nursing issues at the Virginia General Assembly
- Enhance recognition of the nursing profession
- Ensure a positive legislative and regulatory climate for nursing practice
- Addressing the nursing shortage through increased funding for nursing scholarships and work force development
- Public policy E-Newsletter
Professional Development and Continuing Education
- Free and reduced cost continuing education opportunities
- Leadership development, networking and mentoring from nurse leaders
- Opportunities to participate at a reduced cost in VNA’s statewide events. the VNA Annual Legislative Day and Annual Education Day
- Chapter and special interest group meetings that provide networking, continuing education opportunities, and the chance to discuss nursing trends and issues at the local level
- Developing conflict resolution skills, team building skills and delegation skills
- VNA is ANCC accredited to approve nursing CE activity and providers in Virginia
Advancing Nursing Practice
- Empower nurses to attain a positive work environment
- Publication of VNA's Workplace Advocacy Guide for Nurses
- Promote evidence based nursing practice to achieve nursing excellence
- Opportunities to participate in specialty councils, develop position statements, and discuss practice issues
- Opportunities to have a voice in the formation of nursing policy on the state level
Valuable Discounts, Benefits and Scholarship Opportunities
Publications and Information
- The American Nurse
- The American Nurse Today
- The American Journal of Nursing
- Virginia Nurses Today
- VNA Voice E-Newsletter
The mission of the Virginia Nurses Association is to promote advocacy and education for registered nurses to advance professional practice and influence the delivery of quality care.